Friday, December 16, 2011

my antonia

            Willa Cather in her novel My Antonia offers her view of life during the pioneer time by telling the story of Jim Burton and his experiences with Antonia and his life.  If "My Antonia" was told from Antonia's point of view the story would be very different.  Antonia would have told her opinion a lot more and the reader would have been told what all had happened to her a lot faster than the way it is already written from Jim's point of view.  When i read the book "My Antonia" there are some parts in the novel that I can tell that Cather was using a little more woman style of thinking.  Jim was a little bit more emotional than what a regular man would be back in the time depicted.  I think the reason why Jim made the name of the book My Antonia and not just Antonia is because of the simple fact that he was so close to Antonia that he wanted to make is known to the reader before they even opened the book. These are some ideas I wanted to say about the novel "My Antonia".

No comments:

Post a Comment