Friday, December 16, 2011

The Effect of Setting

            "As I looked about me I felt that the grass was the country, as the water is the sea. The red of the grass made all the great prairie the colour of wine-stains, or of certain seaweeds when they are first washed up. And there was so much motion in it; the whole country seemed, somehow, to be running."  This is Carthers way of telling the setting in My Antoina. I like the way that Cather descibes the setting of the novel, but I believe that she is trying to make it sound more prettier than what it really is.  if i were to try and tell the reader of this blog what i think the setting is it would go like this.  As i looked into the country side the grass looked like and infinite sea of red, as if the grass was the red sea when god turned the river into blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment